Patti La Belle's Ingredients:
- 6 Idaho potatoes
- 3 tbsp. canola or olive oil
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
1. Make a big bowl of ice water. Set aside.
2. Peel the potatoes and cut them, lengthwise, into traditional French fries. As you cut, put the potatoes into the ice water.
3. When all of the potatoes have been cut, let them sit in the ice water for 20 minutes.
4. Preheat the oven to 450ºF.
5. Remove the potatoes from the water and pat dry with paper towel. They must be completely dry.
6. Place the potatoes on a rimmed, nonstick baking pan. Add the oil, chili powder, salt and pepper and toss to coat.
7. Spread the potatoes out in a single layer and place in the preheated oven. Bake, turning occasionally, for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked though and golden brown.
8. Using a slotted spatula, remove the potatoes to a double layer of paper towel to drain.
9. For extra zip, serve with Patti's special ketchup miz – 1 cup sugar-free ketchup, 3 tablespoons LaBelle Hot Flash Hot Sauce, 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish, 1 teaspoon lemon juice.