- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound elbow macaroni
- 1/2 cup butter PLUS"PLUS" means this ingredient in addition to the one on the next line, often with divided uses
- 1 tablespoon
- 1/2 cup shredded Muenster cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded mild Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 cups half & half
- 1 cup Velveeta, cut into small cubes
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
Preheat oven to 350:. Lightly butter a deep 2 1/2 quart casserole. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat, add the oil then the elbow macaroni and cook until macaroni is just tender (about 7 minutes). Do not overcook.
Drain well and return to the pot.
In a small saucepan, melt the first measure of butter. Stir into the macaroni. In a large bowl, mix the Muenster, mild and sharp Cheddar cheese and the Monterey Jack cheese. To the macaroni, add the half & half, 1 1/2 cups of the shredded cheeses, the cubed Velveeta and the eggs. Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to the buttered casserole.
Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup of cheese and dot with the remaining butter.
Bake until it is bubbling around the edges, about 35 minutes. The Patti La Belle recipe is ready to serve hot.....enjoy it !